Saturday, December 20, 2008

Motivation and Progress



Well, folks, I hate to say it but I am not a very good blogger! I always have the best of intentions and then the rest of life gets in the way. Ok, so that's not always the case but it does happen sometimes. The rest of the time, I sit here staring at the blank blog box with a completely blank mind. None of us wants to write something stupid or inane. I don't necessarily want to be profound but I do want to be interesting every now and then!



Anyway, while I haven't been blogging, I have actually been creating. This is one of my favorites:



http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18830701

The picture at the top of the post is another new one. By the way, anyone out there able to tell me how to put pics in the middle of the posts?? I just can't seem to get that part!

I hope you take a look at more than just that one listing. I've posted several new pieces that I am very proud of. On top of that, I had several custom orders that I had to finish before Christmas. I just delivered the last order and I'm glad that is done with! Not that I'm not glad for the sales, but I'm tired now =)

Ok, on to other business. Today's highlighted shop is The Glass Beadist http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=15173

I found this shop thru a BNR that I'm in, the Superstar BNR http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5959865&page=1

She has the most adorable handmade beads! I'm going to get some but I can't decide which ones! Check out her shop, it is a jewelcrafter's dream!

(by the way, if I knew how, this would be where I inserted a pic of one of her beads LOL)

I titled this blog Motivation and Progress because that's initially what I wanted to talk about. I have alot of problems with staying motivated. Though I do have to say that when I make a sale because I've worked hard at promoting, it does feel good. The problem is, the motivation I've gained from it doesn't seem to last. I will gladly take any suggestions as to how to keep my motivation alive!

I do have to say that while I haven't been doing much promoting, I have kept my motivation in regards to production. I completed alot of new projects and have several more swimming around in my head. One idea I've been toying with is getting a notebook to carry with me to jot down ideas and sketches of ideas whenever they come to me? How many of you do that? And does it work for you?

Since I'm trying to get and stay motivated, I'm going to close this now. My goal is to publish at least 2 times a week. We'll see how it goes!

Until next time, take care and be safe,

Jenn

2 comments:

Clear Lake Creations said...

You are one amazing woman! Anyone interested needs to check out Jenns etsy store. The most amazing jewelry you will find. I purchased a necklace from her that is gorgeous. Keep up the good work Jenn. We love you on ETSY!

Jenn, RN said...

awwww thank you so much for your endorsement Denise! I only just now saw it and it has totally made my day =)